The problem is that a default install of OS X renders the desktop without the drive icons.
In fact, a default install leaves the desktop with just the default wallpaper and nothing else. In the early betas of OS X Puma This default setting that included desktop drive icons continued for some time.
Connect the Drive
Legend has it the change occurred because Steve Jobs wanted OS X to be more like iOS, which had no concept of storage or attached devices. But if you'd rather have a bit more control over your desktop, and customize it to fit your needs, then read on.
In fact, you can specify which desktop icons you'd like to be visible simply by setting the preferences in the Finder. Click on the desktop or open a Finder window to ensure the Finder is currently the front-most application.
How To Recover Missing Hard Drives In Finder [Mac]
From the menu bar , select Finder Preferences. External disks: Ejectable media, including optical devices, as well as iPods. Connected servers: Refers to any network storage devices or networked file systems that are usable by your Mac. If you check our Personalize Your Mac by Changing Desktop Icons guide, you'll discover not only how to change the icons your Mac uses, but also find some nifty sources of professionally created icons to use. If you would rather use your own photos as icons, there are a number of apps that will convert your favorite picture to the icon format, which you can then use with your Mac.
- Fix External Hard Drive 'Read Only' Error on Mac Without Losing Data;
- External hard drive missing partition | MacRumors Forums.
- amasis font free download mac.
- Article: External Hard Drive Unmounted or Invisible on Mac? How to Recover Files? | ITNinja.
- Part 1. Fix USB Flash Drive Not Showing Up on Mac?
- does mac powder contain talc.
Communities Contact Support. Sign in.
How To Recover Missing Hard Drives In Finder [Mac] - Make Tech Easier
Browse Search. Ask a question. User profile for user: Desktops Speciality level out of ten: External drive partition disappeared I have a WD 4tb external drive partitioned one half for time machine backups and other half for storage.
- Drive Icons Missing From Your Mac's Desktop?.
- Before We Begin: Read-Only Volumes and NTFS.
- mac and cheese 2 french montana song list!
- Why Can't I See My External Hard Drive Icon On My Desktop??
- como formatear disco duro mac fat32.
- External Hard Drive Not Showing Up, How to Recover Files?.
- windows 7 64 bit mac address changer.
Somehow the storage partition has disappeared and I can't seem to find or access it. Can anyone help?! More Less.
External Hard Drive Unmounted or Invisible on Mac? How to Recover Files?
All replies Drop Down menu. Loading page content. Mac OS X Speciality level out of ten: Which iMac model is it?
Is Spotlight indexing? Is Time Machine set for manual or automatic backup?